Saturday, April 26, 2014

Transfer calls came today...... ugh.... 3/2/14

 Konnichiwa!!!
My goodness i feel like i have so much to write! my mind is just going a million miles an hour! So last week at the temple, I go to shake president Budges hand. He looks at me and says " You've been in tsukuba for a while now... i think you need some adversity in your life" WHAT...... why would you ever wish that upon someone! dear heavens bless me! so i got a whole week to freak about all the possibilities that could happen to me. It was a long, torturous week. Not really we had a great week as always! We did get transfer calls
this morning however. And i am heart broken. I am being transferred out of Tsukuba :( ive never been so sad! my dear friends need me here! I need them!!! still in a state of denial. I know Heavenly Father knows whats best for me and my investigators so i trust that they are all in good hands. Sister Kelley is staying in tsukuba and i know she will help strengthen our best friends! I am being transferred to an
area called Kamagaya... And my new companions name is Sister Requilman. We are white washing into the area which means that we are the first sister missionaries to come to the area. Which means no investigators. Lots and Lots of finding time.. yayyy... haha! Well theres the adversity president budge was talking about. hahah! I am excited though! This means that i get to find and teach people from the very beginning so they will be my investigators<3 I found best
friends in chiba, and in tsukuba so im sure there are plenty more in Kamagaya! Sister Requilman is on transfer 4 so just two under me. I dont know much more about her but im excited to meet her! This morning was quite rough though.. emailing my investigators telling them im leaving was the worst thing ive ever had to do. Luckily we have become
such good friends that they promise to write me and keep in touch! i am so grateful for all the wonderful people here who have made me feel such at home!
this week, we met with my best friend Yoko! shes my 82 year old soul sister! she loves me so we get to meet with her, but she doesnt really have interest in the gospel. But she is my absolute best friend! She told me that she is taking me on a vacation after my mission is over! so cute! We did get to talk a little with her about Gods love. In eikaiwa our class read "the giving tree" together out loud. before eikaiwa yoko came up to me and just hugged my tight! she said that she
went to the doctor and found out from her test results that she is free from cancer!! wow!!!! she said that she had been so scared because her parents both died of cancer. my heart just died. I had wished i would have done more for her. She is someone i care about so deeply and i wasnt there for her when she needed someone. When we were reading the book, she looks at me and says out loud "this book is about love" and i lost it. sister kelley and i stepped out to cry. Yoko needs so much love. She is an older lady, who is lonely, and
doesnt know that she is searching for the gospel. She needs it so badly! Im excited to be best friends with her forever!!! i love my yoko! at eikaiwa yoko brought a friend! she is older than yoko! her name is eiko! hahaha! so cute! they were the funniest old ladies ever! sitting there hitting each other and bossing the other around! so cute! i cant wait to be like them!
One night housing, sister kelley rang the door and a man came out. We asked if we could come back and share a message with him on another day. He said go ahead right now! so in front of his door, sister kelley gave the whole lesson one in japanese in about 10 minutes! i was so proud of her! what a great missionary! he seems way prepared
because he just soaked everything up! we gave him a pamphlet and a Book of Mormon and said we would send the elders to him! sister kelley is my best friend! we have seen so many miracles together! this has been the most wonderful transfer! i am so grateful! another day we went out to house. After waiting at one of the houses for a little we look for its mailbox to leave a flyer. I find it on the side of the house and point for sister kelley to see. Out of the
corner of my eye i see a man from inside the house. Hes standing there looking at me in a full body length window. He starts laughing. When i look at the man i see that hes not wearing any pants... just whitty tidies... ewwww!!!!!! so gross! Me being the awkward person that i am, i start running away half laughing and half crying. my companion was
so confused. Luckily for her, her eyes were spared from the grossness. good times.. last sunday i had to give a 12 minute talk in church. sister kelley and i were given the topic one day in advance to write it. To say we were freaking out is an understatement. Of course the sweet ward members complimented us on our japanese and said they felt the spirit.
these people are too nice! i got up there and talked about faith. I used an example with surfing. I wasnt sure if they understood what i meant by surfing so i moved to the side of the pulpit and did my best impression. Dad, you would be proud. They all laughed! im so funny hahaha!
This week we wanted to do nice things for ward members and our investigators so we made cookies and cards and delivered them throughout the week. We went to drop them off as a secret for Atsuko who was feeling sick this week. When we left them in the door box they made a load sound and blew our cover. We ran! we start knocking on doors just underneath their floor. One lady opens and we talk with her
for a while. she had recognized us as friends of atsuko and her girls. Just then we hear those cuties and they come running to us hugging us and thanking us for the cookies and cards! i melted! i love these little girls! kyoko and hiroko<3 its going to be rough saying goodbye to them.. atsuko then comes down and thanks us as well. when she sees
that were talking with a lady she helps us out and says that we are wonderful cute girls and she should listen to us hahahah!!! atsuko what a little missionary!!! now its her own turn to listen to us! we are meeting with her tomorrow! its probably going to be the most emotional lesson of my life. cant wait!!! and biggest miracle yet...... JANET is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was my philipina lady who i just love so much! she fell of the face of the earth about two months ago but shes back!!!!! she said she got really busy with getting a new job so she couldnt come to church. we never
gave up calling her and emailing her. it payed off!!!! she wants to come to church again!!!!!!!!!! im so happy!!!! except for the fact that i wont even be here... ugh... but im so happy that she wants to come back! that is my testimony that you can never give up on anyone for any reason! We did all we could to show love and help even when we didnt get anything back. and look what happened!! shes back! oh im so excited for janet!!!! so many blessings and much happiness to come! im
going to be coming back to tsukuba for baptisms every week!!! wooohooo!!!! cant wait!!!
well hopefully that covers enough! next week i will be writing you from wherever my new area is... i still dont really know. but not too far! im looking forward to finishing out my last few days here in tsukuba with all my might! i have lots of work to do here in the next three days! and excited for all the miracles coming ahead in kamagaya!!! i love this gospel! i know it is true! i would do anything for my savior because i feel his love all around me each and every day! love and prayers go out to you all!

Sister Christensen

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment