Saturday, April 26, 2014

Man, we had a good week!!! 4/14/14

Konnichiwa!!!
Transfer calls......... im staying in Kamagaya!!!!! woohooo!!!! and so
happy about it! i feel like i just got here! Sister Requilman will
still be my  companion!! score!!! we both knew we were staying :) so
not really a surprise! just happiness! kamagaya is an amazing area and
we are ready to work harder than ever!!! im so excited to see what
Heavenly Father has in store for his beloved kamagaians!! We saw so
many miracles and are ready for much much more!!!!

so this week we became a three some! hahah!! we got a new companion!!!
only for this last week of the transfer though. Sister Kubota!!! shes
japanese!!!! and oh my heavens how i love her!!! she is the cutest
little thing ever! i actually met her at the mtc! she is a transfer
ahead of me but we actually go home the same time! woohoo! best
friends! she is an incredible missionary and brought so many miracles
with her to the kamagaya area! we are so grateful for her hard work to
help us! her companion was having a hard time so she wont home. So we
got the wonderful blessing of working with a japanese missionary! i am
in heaven! and learning so much more japanese right now!!! hahahah!!!!
woooohoooo!!!!

this week we got to watch general conference!! wow!!!!!! it was
amazing!!!! sitting in a room filled with missionaries listening to
the words of our dear beloved prophet and apostles is something else!
everyone so eager to learn and be filled with the spirit! we all most
definitely learned a lot those two days! as always i have no time so
these are some of my favorite quotes and some notes from conference! i
think my two favorites were elder eyring about the hope of your
heritage and the general bishop who talked about our 4 minutes!!!

Whoever you are and wherever you may be, you hold in your hands the
happiness of more people than you can now imagine. Every day and every
hour you can choose to make or keep a covenant with God.Wherever you
are on the path to inherit the gift of eternal life, you have the
opportunity to show many people the way to greater happiness. When you
choose whether to make or keep a covenant with God, you choose whether
you will leave an inheritance of hope to those who might follow your
example.I'm not just looking for investigators. I'm looking for future
mothers who will bring us children in the gospel. I'm looking for
faithful future priesthood bearers who will bless the lives of their
forever families. Its so much more than just the one person. Its pasts
and futures of people. A convert has family. Family who has passed on.
They can be blessed through temple ordinances. A convert has a future
family. They can be blessed as well. So I'm choosing each and everyday
to keep and honor my covenants and promises with God. The happiness of
many souls depends on it. My effectiveness as a missionary and my
future family as well. Its a big responsibility but oh so worth it!!
Families are forever and I will do everything in my power to see that
blessing come true! My young friends, wherever you are in your
�gfour-minute performance,�h I urge you to ponder, �gWhat do I need to
do next to ensure my medal?�h Your four minutes will pass quickly, and
you�fll have eternity to think about what you did in this life.This is
our four minutes! The time is now!! He asked if we felt the sense of
urgency! Oh I'm feeling it! Time is oh so precious! I feel that
incredibly as my mission zooms on past me. Why hold back for a single
second? We prepared for this race before we came to the earth. We are
here not to just go through the motions but to become like our
Heavenly Father and savior. They have provided us with a precious
amount of time. Don't waste it!

Oh how we need general conference! :) i am excited to go back and read
the inspired talks and messages!!!

i am so grateful for my companion sister Requilman. She helped me
realize something great this week. we were talking about how the
spirit speaks to everyone differently. i thought i understood how i
felt the spirit but i dont think i was right. Friday we had an
appointment with a lady who only mostly wanted to learn english.
however as the lesson went on she became more interested in knowing
what we do and what we teach. we taught almost all of the restoration.
As i was testifying of the joy and blessings this gospel brings i felt
the spirit confirm in my heart His love for her. I think she felt it
too. Although this woman is not sure if she wants to keep learning i
know she felt Gods love for her. Sister Requilman helped me understand
that i feel the spirit when im testifying!!! what a great thing! and
how much i love testifying!!! not only does Heavenly Father tell me
that He loves me but He tells them too through the warm feelings of
the Holy Spirit! something i desire to feel everyday! soo.... i need
to do a lot more testifying!!! hahhah!

so grateful for this opportunity! i am so happy!!! i love my savior! i
love my Heavenly Father!! love you all! take care! thanks for all the
prayers and love!

sister christensen

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment