Saturday, April 26, 2014

Happy St Patricks Day!! 3/17/14

Konnichiwa!!!!
おひさしぶり! Its been quite the long week! White washing into an area is
really something else! But still loving every second of it! Lots of
finding time however not lots of people found... But we did however
get to visit lots of less actives in our ward. The ward counsel gave
us a huge whole list of names they wanted us to visit. One sister let
us in and we got to sit and talk with her for quite a while! She is so
sweet and wants us back over next week! We are really having fun
getting to know the ward members really well! kamagaya ward is a great
ward with people really wanting to help the missionaries!
The best parts of the week as usual is english class! everyone adores
the sisters! elders are great and all but sisters are just fun! :) Our
eikaiwa class is full of all old ladies! my favorite!!!! hahahah! we
teach it twice a week here in kamagaya so each class they bring us
either food or little presents! they love making us little sushi
rolls.. yum. not.. but they also compete with each other for who can
make the best oragamis! hahah! they keep getting better and better!
one lady brought a swan, one lady brought a fan with like five swans
in it and then one lady brought three pandas all hugging each other!!
(she won :) they are just adorable!!!
Thursday we went to lunch with a super cute member! she was telling us
all her mission stories! so cool!!! she served here in japan but the
best part of her stories actually happened after her mission was over.
She is still in touch with a lot of her converts. One in particular is
a very good friend of hers. This convert also served a mission and had
the most incredible stories! as a missionary she helped a lady give
birth on a bus and just crazyness!!! but i just thought it was so cool
that she is still friends with people from her mission!! I hope to
stay in contact with them all! they mean so much to me! and a miracle
happened like they always do, my dear friend Yoko emailed me! she got
my new email from sister kelley and sent me an email telling me she
missed me and hopes we can still go on a vacation after my mission!
ahhhh! i died! i love that wonderful woman!!! i heard from the tsukuba
sisters that yoko came to the relief societys activity at the church
and ended up basically having a lesson with a member! wow!!!!! i was
blown away! my dear yoko!!!! i told her i would write her letters so i
cant wait to still be involved in her progression to coming to know
her savior! no thought brings me greater joy!
Because we still dont have an investigators, our zone came to kamagaya
for two hours and helped us find! we were able to get a few contacts,
many book of mormons were given out, and we got addresses of people
who said we could come back and visit them!!! what a miracle! so
grateful for the missionaries and their desire to help and serve no
matter what area! from that we got to go visit a filipina  lady! they
are my favorite! she is adorable!!!! a cute young mother! she is
christian and wants her daughter to be baptized! she loves the idea of
an eternal family! im so excited to start teaching her!!!! what a
miracle!!!!! we are going back next week and hopefully having an
actual lesson!!! oh i am just so excited!!!
but i have to say that the highlight of my week was going to the
relief societys aerobics day!! oh my heavens... that was something
else! they use a video from the 80s and have been using the same one
since it came out!!! hahahah!!!!! the woman all have the moves
mastered and were totally showing us up! sister requilman and i just
died! what high energy these ladies have! that was quite the
experience! its a weekly thing so we will definitely be coming back!!!
So i am quickly realizing just how terrible my japanese really is...
this week we had two practice lessons with members and we were asked
to teach Sunday school.. all of it went actually really well but the
amount of stress on my end was not so fun. and being the senior
companion i had to do most of the talking. fun times! definitely
different than tsukuba where we went to Sunday school in english every
week. but good to know that my japanese has to get better with all
this practice im getting! and it just keeps coming! this week we have
three more practice lessons with members, i have to give a talk in
sacrament meeting, and were teaching primary! woohoo! go sisters!!!
To be honest though this week was one of the toughest of my entire
mission. Felt pretty alone a lot of the week. But somehow i was still
happy. i myself was weirded out by it hahah! i felt terrible but still
happy! The only solution i could come up with is that i love being a
missionary!! I feel the greatest joy through this service! I love
talking with people! I love that there is nothing negative about
missionary work! I want to work with all my heart might mind and soul
and i want to do it because i love my Heavenly Father. He is giving me
this chance to find true happiness and i am doing all i can to soak it
in! i love the hard times! i love it when i get to turn to my Heavenly
Father and figure what he wants me to learn or how he wants me to grow
from it. i love that he loves these people im serving and is preparing
them little by little wether they know it or not. Im excited to do
everything i can to help them feel the joy that i feel each and every
single day!
thank you for all the love, support, and prayers! they were much felt
this week! love you!!!!

Sister Christensen

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment