Saturday, April 26, 2014

im exhausted 3/10/14

Holy moly this was quite the week! easy to say that it was the longest
week of my entire life! mostly good things!!! :)
weird to think that a few days ago i was in tsukuba! feels like a life
time! now im in the beautiful church of kamagaya! i like it here! its
different thats for sure but good! kamagaya is a smaller area than
tsukuba and not as pretty but lots of houses so lots of people to go
ping pong! woohoo!

President Budge wasnt kidding when he told me i was going to get some
adversity at the temple.. white washing? not going to lie i was a
little intimidated! the kamagaya ward hasnt had sister missionaries in
25 years! they are excited to have us but we both feel a lot of
pressure. No worries though i know we can do it!!
im still in denial though. i miss tsukuba! that last week was one of
the best weeks ive had on my mission! me leaving the area allowed us
to be able to meet with a lot of investigators in a short time! some
who we havent seen in a whole transfer! i got to see aoi! meet her
three transfers ago and started taking the lessons but got busy with
moving apartments and jobs. but because she loves me she made some
time :) same with kaori! i got to say goodbye to all my best friends!
they all gave me cute little gifts too! the best was yokos though! she
gave me a plant at our pie making activity at the church! she said
that when i look at it i can remember her! she gave me clear
instructions on how to take care of it hahaha! i love that woman! as
she said goodbye she started crying. well that felt like knives into
my heart! i love this old lady so much!!!! i promised her i would come
back and see her again! she said she still wants to take me on a
vacation when i finish my mission! yayyy!!!
i got to have a really good last lesson with anu my indian friend! we
brought sister davis over to her house as a member present lesson. we
talked about eternal families and our roles as woman. she had never
heard of eternal families because in her beliefs, everyone is
reincarnated and may or may not get the same family again. she really
liked the idea of an eternal family! she loves her family! its
adorable! im excited to hear how she will progress!!!
got to make hot dogs with another investigator miyuki!!!! oh she is
the funniest woman alive! she knows i cant listen to music or anything
but she also knows i like one direction. so she sits there on her ipad
and looks at their pictures with the screen in my view... what a
little sneaky!! she so fun though! we just laughed all night long! she
is a little afraid of religion but loves the missionaries! im going to
miss her a whole lot!!!
but definitely the biggest miracle was hearing from my good friend
janet!!! Janet was my progressing investigator three transfers ago.
She had a baptismal date and everything but a week or two before her
date she completely cut us off. No more communication or anything. Our
district fasted for her and my companions and i never stopped praying
for her. Well, after housing one day, i felt that i needed to call a
sister in the ward who had introduced janet to the church. That sister
answered and said she had great news! JANET IS BACK!!! she finally
replied to her friend and told her she wants to come back to the
church!!! i jumped on the opportunity and emailed her! i told her i
was leaving and how much i loved her and appreciated her friendship!
and she replied!!!! biggest miracle!! she told me she was sorry for
leaving us but she got busy with a new job. She really wanted me to
know that she never stopped praying! wow!!! i was in shock! but never
been happier! she told me she was appreciative that we havent given up
on her. I am just so happy that she felt my love all along. Thats all
i had been praying for! My prayers were answered! im heart broken i
wont be there to help her but i know the tsukuba sisters will take
care of her.
then transfer day came... it was awful! i have never been so sad!
tsukuba is my home!!! worst feeling all week... that morning we got
dropped off at the train station to go meet my new companion. but by
the grace of God, the train broke down!!!! woooohoooo!!! to me it was
a tender mercy! to the sister in charge of organizing travel plans it
was a nightmare! i just sat there at laughed! got to stay in tsukuba
for a little longer! sadly it didnt last..
Kamagaya is an amazing area! very happy here! the ward is so
wonderful!!!! the bishop picked sister requilman and i up from the
train station. he and the elders took us to lunch! my bishop is so
cool! he has his own im a mormon video made about him! hes the surfer
with all the kids! man we had lots to talk about!!! so cool!!!!! then
he took us to our apartment where ward members were there waiting for
us! really this ward hasnt seen sister missionaries in a while.. we
were treated like queens!! they were at our apartment all day
thursday, bringing things over to our apartment and food! so sweet! im
just blown away by their kindness!!! i am so grateful!
sister requilman is awesome! such a loving outgoing person! she is
from kahuku area right next to laie!! so fun to talk about the places
weve both been! were going to have a good transfer!!! cant wait for
all the opportunities to see great miracles here! opening is a scary
thing but i know with all my heart that Heavenly Father is going to
help us out a ton! we have already met great people here and were able
to get a few contact numbers! i am so happy! cant wait to see all that
this area has in store for us!
sister christensen!

Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment