Saturday, July 6, 2013

Shu go!!!!! week 5!!!!!


Konichiwa!!!
Its finally P-day!!!! This was a long week. It had its super high moments and the not so high ones as well. I honestly cant remember everything! I have now been in the MTC for a month!!! seriously that feels like quite the accomplishment! Still have one more to go! We celebrated all day long! usually on P-day we do our laundry, have personal study time and personal free time, and go to the temple. Its more like P-half day. After the temple we have class again and TRC. But for the next month the provo temple is closed :( i am sooooooo sad! Going to the temple once a week was my absolute favoritest thing abou the MTC! but i cant complain for too long because now we have two and a half extra hours to do whatever we want! Im actually pretty stoked because today im going to take a nap!!!!!! that is un heard of! I cannot wait! And the shimai tachi and choro tachi are having a competition on who can build a better fort in our rooms. Were pretty excited to dominate! hahah!
For some reason this was a very non focused week for my entire district. Everyone right now is obsessed with rubber bands so instead of studying nihongo we shoot each other with rubber bands.. I think the effects of being here a month are starting to show. Im a little concerned to see how we act in another month! My district is already known as the "energetic district" not really a good thing.. hahaha! But we have fun thats for sure! We are always playing games like signs, and psychiatrist. All of the sensei's on our floor come in and check on us every so often because i think were a little loud. Seriously we are having too much fun here. Im all for fun but our lack of study this week definitely showed in our lessons. My doryo and I felt less prepared and our lessons definitely suffered from it. I promised my doryo i would never shoot another rubber band again! so far so good! and our last lesson with Shohei Kun was actually our best lesson yet! We taught him about the sukui no keikaku (plan of salvation). I understood everything he said and we were able to answer all of his questions! Both of our investigators want to be baptized!!! yayyyy!!! Teaching is so hard and i feel like all we do is prepare lessons but when the lessons go well it is so worth it! We feel so good afterwards when the holy ghost really helps our investigators know in their hearts what they needed to hear.
Wednesday I got to host new missionaries coming into the MTC! it was so fun! kinda sad to see all the senkyoshi( missionaries) saying goodbye to their kazoku (family). Made me remember that day for me and made me sad and miss my family. But how exciting it was to welcome more missionaries to this great place and to this great work!
Happy late forth of july to everybody!!!!!!! hope everyone had a fun day in the sun! Our day was pretty normal.. same routine. Except for the evening! We got out of class early thursday night (which is seriously the biggest blessing) and we got a special devotional where we sang american songs for an hour and then got to watch 17 miracles! I have never seen this movie before and i bawled like a baby. seriously like the ugliest sobs ever. Its about the pioneers and their hardships while crossing the country to reach zion. My heart ached for the poor families who lost their moms, or siblings, or a dad. But so happy whenever the lord blessed them! Ture miracles! It was an amazing movie!
This week my whole disrtict taught our teacher Tingey Sensei about Iesu Kirisuto no fukuin (the gospel of jesus Christ). She sat in front of all 12 of us as we had the most personal lesson any of us have had so far. Everyone shared experiences and cried together over similar ones. Instead of teaching just Tingey Sensei, we all taught each other and really helped strengthen one another. My district has become so close. We really love each other and it is going to be so hard to say goodbye to these amazing missionaries in month.
This week i felt so very loved and so blessed! I got a package from Dean, zack, parker, chandler, and chandlers friend! They all sent me letters, and candy! It made my day! I have the sweetest friends! thank you so so so much!!! and then yesterday i got two more packages!!! seriously it was better then christmas! Collette and my mom both sent me the necessities. Oreos, CLUB MINIS, peanut butter, nutella, trader joes popcorn, just everything a girl could possibly want! I will never go hungey thats for sure! as if i dont get fed well enough here as it is! It was the sweetest thing ever though! Im so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family in my life who know me so well :)
We had an awesome devotional this week! Sheri Dwe spoke to us! She is amazing!!!! I love her so much! She talked about how we promised special spirits in heaven that we would come find them on earth and bring the gospel to them. I know this is ture. I feel that everyday that i am here! I promise to keep that promise and work as hard as I can to help prepare for those moments when I meet those spcial spirits God has been preparing to meet me. She also talked about really knowing our savior. She said that in order to understand the atonement we need to understand just how it works in our lifes. For me, the atonement applies to me almost daily here in the MTC. I often feel discouraged, and sad, and heart broken. But thats where the atonement comes in. I know that my savior knows how i feel. He has been there. I know that he is always by side helping me along the way. I am so grateful for his love.
Ask him to help you because he already did.
I am so grateful to be a missionary! this is a great time to be a missionary! I love this gospel so very much! I love my family so so so very much! and all my friends! I miss you all and you are always in my prayers! Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Love always, Christensen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment