Sunday, July 28, 2013

konnichiwa kazoku to tomodachi!!!!


i need to get out of this place!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to get to JAPAN!!!!!!! im dying!!!!!!!!! alright little dramatic.. but really though i couldnt be more excited to go to Nihon!!!!! im so close to leaving its and yet it still feels like an eternity! one more week and then im out of here! peace out MTC and america!!! hahah! everything about this week just got me so pumped to be in japan with my people!!! my language speaking skills are definitely not good enough to go but i am! i got my travel plans!!!!!!!!!! so like really.. I AM GOING TO JAPAN!!!!!
this week we had our first departure meeting! Mills kaicho, a former mission president from the Fukuoka mission, came and talked to us about our missions! he was one of the best speakers i have had at the mtc and probably in my entire life! He asked us what we thought of when we thought of the church in japan. Everyone agreed that the church wasnt super strong there and that we have heard it is a non baptizing mission. well.. he completely changed all of our expectations around! He read to us a talk given by Heber J Grant when we went to open the church in Japan! He blessed and dedicated the land and said that one day "Japan will become the greatest area for missionary work ever established in the church!" or something like that.. But the whole meeting was just so amazing! Japan is ready! Ready for the missionaries, ready for the truth, ready for their savior! I am so excited and i feel so very blessed to able to be part of this great time in Japan! Such a blessing!!!
This week all of our sensei's left us... they think its summer or something and they can go on vacations and so fun things while we sit in a classroom with substitutes and learn grammar.. weird. I miss our teachers a lot. All of the sensei's are amazing but i have been with my same two sensei's and they have become like my older siblings. I look up to them in every way and cant wait to get them back on monday!
Last sunday Moss shimai and i taught a lesson to our district about the holy ghost! it was a sunday which means we got to teach in english!!!! first time since we've been here! ahhhhhhh it was so easy to plan!!! i miss english! hahahah! but at the same time while i was teaching in english i missed japanese! the language is so cool and unique and i love that i can speak a very small amount! its so fun!
Because we didnt have out teachers this week, we taught our subs instead. they pretended to be recently baptized members. it was so fun to teach them because they already had faith in their savior and had already received baptism! so our lessons were basically testimony meetings! the spirit was so strong as my companion and i shared our testimonies and to hear these "converts" share their testimonies as well! it seemed so real! I cant wait to get out there in the real field and have experiences like this! We also taught Jesseb kyodai twice this week. I dont know why but my distrcit was is a super weird/hyper mood this entire week! i swear something was in the food.. but during our lessons to "jesseb" (an elder in my disrtict) we couldnt help but laugh and be weird! The most interesting lessons weve had for sure! It was fun though!
This week during gengo bankyo (language study) my companion and i went and bore our testimonies in nihongo to random missionaries! its so cool! no one knows what were saying so there is no pressure if we say something wrong! but its just our chance to talk and share what we know to be true! That happens a lot around here.. everybody just wants to share their testimonies! its so cute! I love it!
so ya.. nothing to crazy going here except for the fact that im actually leaving soon!!!!!! still cant get over it!!!! soooooooo pumped! it was a good week as always!
i love you all so very much! you are all in my prayers night and day! i miss home but i love being the lords servant and wearing my saviors name on my tag! this is the greatest thing i could have ever done in my life! i am so happy and feel so blessed! love you all!!!!!!!!!!
 
Christensen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment