Sunday, July 21, 2013

another week at the good ole MTC


Konnichiwa!!!!
In the middle of week 6 and its going great!!! This week was a pretty chill week. Nothing too out of the ordinary. But things are going good! I am still as happy as can be and I am in love with this beautiful language! I still cant speak it hardly at all but I can understand a lot and i am obsessed! I cant wait to get out there in Japan and really learn the language! A lot of missionaries are leaving for Japan on monday! Its so exciting to see them so excited! I cant wait for that day!!!! I will be more nervous then Ive ever been in my entire life but so stoked!!
Last saturday we had two TRCs! My companion and i taught two returned missionaries both from Toyko! They had just been home from their missions for only two weeks! We taught them about receiving revelation through reading the Book of Mormon. It went soooooo good!!! They complimented us on our Japanese and it was a powerful lesson! they were obviously a little too nice cause we know our japanese sucks.. but it felt good to hear it anyways!
This week we taught a ton of lessons! We taught Komeda San about the gospel of Jesus Christ and the priesthood! My companion and I learn so much as we teach our investigators! Its an amazing experience! We planned on teaching Shohei San about the gospel of Jesus Christ as well but instead turned into a lesson about Christs atonement and how he can apply it to his life. As scary as it was to not know before hand what we are going to say, it is such a neat experience to trust in the spirit to guide us with the words we need! It turned out to be one of our best lessons yet!! I love talking about my savior, sharing experiences, and scriptures, and bearing testimony!
 
Sunday was the best day ever.. I basically died when i saw kathryn at the temple on sunday!!!!!! I miss hugs and i got the best one from her! Such a sweet day to see my best friend!
 
Yesterday, my district did an ego danjiki. An english fast. Let me tell ya, that was the most challenging day ive had at the MTC. I realized how little japanese I actually know.. we all bought whiteboards and wrote out what we couldnt say which was basically everything.. it was a pretty quiet day! hahaha! But it was so fun! When I could actually think of things to say I felt like i was superman! Speaking this language is so hard but I love it anyways!
 
This week we also started something new! well kind of.. We teach more lessons!!... hahaha! My companion and I now teach two choro tachi in our district. One plays an investigator and the other a church member. Moss Shimai and I taught ´´Jesseb´´ twice this week! Those lessons were actually my favoriote ones this week! We were so much more relaxed and didnt even take notes! We just taught what we felt like he needed to hear and the lessons went great! Its so much easier teaching the elders in our district because they know the same amount of japanese that we do so there is no pressure! We actually have fun while teaching! weird..! Then it switches and the same elders teach us! I am the investigator and my companion is the member. It is way harder then it sounds! Trying to get into character and think like someone who has never heard the gospel before is hard! But its a neat expereince in which i get to experience missionary work from all different views!
 
Thank you all so much for the love and support! Thank you Aunt Kristy and Family for the sweet package!!! You guys are amazing! Thank you to everyone for the sweet letters that make my day! They always seem to come when I need them most! I truly appreciate it! I couldnt be here without all the love and support I feel everyday from the people I love!
 
So not too much going on this last week. But yet still an amazing week at the MTC! I am constantly being taught new things by the spirit and bettering myself everyday! I love it here, I love this work, I love the beautiful message that I get to share with the people of japan, I love my savior, and i love and miss you all!
 
Love always, Christensen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment