Sunday, June 30, 2013

Week 4! Happy P-day to me



I cant believe its already my pday again! seriously the statement that at the mtc the days are like weeks and the weeks are like days is truer then true! I cant believe im almost half way done with the MTC! going on week four! We are planning on having a huge party to celebrate our half way done point! seriously it will feel like quite the accomplishment! I am so thankful that i still have another month here because i need it! There is still so much i need to learn! I still feel like a kohai (newbie) but ive moved up into the mtc world am now a dai sempai! Im basically a really big deal. 
Anyways last sunday was the worldwide broadcast that all missionaries got to participate in! I was in the choir! my head was on TV for about .2 seconds. hope no one missed it! hahahah! It was such an amazing experience though! Singing for the apostles was the coolest experience ever! They would randomly turn around throughout the meeting and give us a thumbs up hahah! We all felt so proud! I was so touched by their presence. They walked into the room and brought an amazing spirit that filled the entire marriott center. It was just so apparent that these men are men of God. How neat it was to be so close to men of Christ! It was such a great meeting! I just cannot wait to get to Japan already and share the things that i learned at the meeting and through this whole mtc experience! The gospel is for everyone! What an amazing blessing to have in our lives! 
One of my teachers, Tingey Sensei, encouraged my companion and I to not use our ninja to prepare one of our lessons for this week. Our ninja is a simple version of the PMG in japanese. The most helpful thing you could ever have! So we did our best at making up sentences on our own. Our grammar was terrible and we probably werent making any sense but our lesson came directly from us. We got to share what we wanted and we got to actually look at our investigator in the eyes and testify to her the truthfullness of this gospel. It was by far our best lesson this far! I learned that the gift of tongues is real and that the gift of tongues not only helps me speak in japanese but it allows the spirit to tell my investigator what God wanted her to know. I love my Heavenly Father and how much he looks out for me! I feel his love constantly!
Hope everyone is doing well! miss and think about you all daily! sorry my emails arent too exciting! im hoping they get much better when im actually in Japan!!!!!
Ai shite imasu! 
I love you!
Christensen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment