Sunday, June 16, 2013

Haley's second email


i dont even know where to begin! this was literally the longest week of my life! so much has happened since i last wrote an email but at the same time nothing really happens in my mtc life because we do the same thing every day. wake up wayyyyyy to early, eat, study the scriptures, eat, study japanese, eat, study some more, sleep. hahah! but its great! actually weve done a lot more then just that! we went to the temple! so great!!! and soooooooooooooo great to surprisingly see kathryn and brooke!!! made my life! hahah! My companion and i have taught 4 lessons now in japanese! its crazy thinking about it! our investigator Tominaga-San was so cute! he just smiled at us while we totally screwed up everything we said. he had to hold back some laughs because we usually sound like idiots. japanese is soooo hard! but i love it more than anything! when something finally makes sense it feels like im on top of the world! Sundays are my favorite days here at the MTC! we have amazing relief society lessons, devotionals, sacrament meetings, and the spirit is just so strong on sundays! its the one day we dont have to stress about the language! we do however have to write a small talk every sunday in japanese in case we get called on to give a talk in sacrament meeting! so freaking scary!
sorry my emails are like all over the place! im typing like a mad man trying to get everything in and i honestly cant remember anything we do here there is just too much!
in my last email i said i was so happy and loving every second here... my how things change fast.. teaching in japanese is easily the hardesr thing ive ever done! to have the words you want to say but not being able to say them is torture. trying to understand someone who only speaks kto you in japanese is impossible. i had a few break downs this week. nothing about the is easy. but personal scripture study time is what gets me through each and every day! i reaad amazing scriptures that bring such comfort to me. i have learned to trust in God in everything single thing that i do. in the bible (exodus) Moses is complaing how he cant speak, and God asks him, who gave you your mouth? obviously God. The lord says i will give you all that you need if you obey me. I have learned that i need to put all of my trust in God. I need to do my best and realize that i cant do everything. God wants to help and i need to trust that he will. D&C 50 is also another great chpater that i love with all my heart after haing a hard time. The Lord says ye are little children and cannot bare all things now. The Lord will help you in all the you do! Obey the commandments and put all your trust in him! i love this gospel and i love this church! i love being a missionary and i love how hard it is! i am grateful for the strength that it gives me! i love you all and miss everybody! thank you for your love, prayers, and support! wish i could write more! sorry this email was probably the worst, craziest email ever..
oh and i got a mysterious package from an unknown someone... whoever it was thanks for the carmel apple! :)
i seem to get packages on the very days that are the hardest for me here! such sweet tender mercies! i guess i shouldnt complain about the bad days so much.. they bring treats! keep the hard times coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment