Saturday, June 8, 2013

Haley's first email


Konichiwa!!!!!
I'm alive! and... absolutely loving the MTC!!!!!!!!! days here are sooooooo insanly long and of course the time i get on the computer is going wayyyyy to fast! i will try to write as fast as possible!
so day 1. hahaha! the drop off at the curb was a little too fast but that was expected! my host just took me off so fast that i reallly didnt have time to register what was going on. anyways im so happy to be here! my companion is Moss Shimai. she is from utah and she is so sweet! i really like her! we have four other roommates who are in our district and i really love them all! they are all just having a great time like me! i dropped of my bags and was immediately sent to my first japanese class... holy crap. that was quite the shock let me tell you. Sensai Gregory is my teacher and he doesnt speak to us in english.. ever.. i thought he would crack or at least end in englilsh or something so we could understand him but no.. just japanese. I just laughed the whole time! i cant wait for that to be me! i learned how to introduce myself and thats about it! then we had lots of great workshops! there are 900 missionaries that came in the same day as me! the most ever! there are so many people here! its crazy!!! that night we actually had bug group dicussions with three different "investigators". in english :) two of them were very nice and interested about the gospel. the other was the complete opposite.. hahaha! Her name was Lawanna. she is a big black chick from the south and was easily the most intimidating person i have ever met! she fought back to everything any missionary said and laughed in our faces the whole time. the discussion was going absolutely terrible. her last question she turned to me. i almost threw up! she asked me if jesus christ was standing next to us right now what would be the one thing that i would tell her. i told her (voice and hands shaking hahahah) that she is a a daughter of god and that she is loved by the savior and they he knows how she is, and that he wants her to know who he is. She looked at me, said thank you and sat down. I didnt know if what i had just said was good or bad. But the guy leading the meeting thanked me for ending with the spirit and on a much better note! he even talked about my answer again in a later discussion! i was on top of the world! total confidence booster! hahahahah!
day 2 we had more amazing workshops! the spirit is so strong every time we meet! being in a room full of eager missionaries all with the same purpose of inviting people to come unto Christ is beyond words! i never really want to leave the MTC! we had a 4 hour japanese class where we learned how to pray and share a simple testimony! in japanese! im actually talking in japanese! its hard and i still have to pray with my eyes open as i look at my notes but it sounds so cool! we were told that we were going to be giving our first discussion in japanese the very next day... commence freak out mode once again.. so my companion and i tried so hard to use the 10 pounds of japanese dictionaries that they gave us to come up with a lesson. by the end of the day i was still not confident.
day 3 my companion and i tried to squeeze in practicing for our lesson at any second we got. Going into the discussion i was so nervous. We met with Tominaga-San and tried our best to give our lesson with the very little japanese that we know. he of course is fluent and whenever he asked us questions we just staired at him. and whenever we tried to speak to him he just staired right back at us. we obviously were'nt making any sense but we tried! afterwards we realized that it went so poorly because all day we were worrying about the language rather then the spirit. it seems like a no brainer but japanese just took over and we really couldnt think of anything else. luckily we are teaching him again today and i know we will focus on having the spirit with us and we will do much better.
i dont know what else to say! so much goes on here but i just dont have enough time! the food sucks. i wish i could sleep longer. i am always the last one out of bed.. shocker.. but the spirit is strong here and i am having the time of my life! i wouldnt trade this experience for anything! i took a few pictures but i dont have time to upload them :/ next week i will have a better email i promise! anyways i love you guys and miss everybody like crazy! thank you for all the prayers! love you! <3
Christensen Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment