Tuesday, October 29, 2013

さよなら !!!

Well today was quite the day!...
We got transfer calls today! My companion and I were waiting by the phone all morning! so nervous to find out who was leaving chiba :/ So we get a call about 45 minutes earlier than the assistants said they would call. It was president Budge.. We both about peed our pants because he only calls sisters on transfer day if you are becoming sister training leader. Well that didnt happenen to either of us thank goodness! soooooo not ready! however he called and asked to talk to my companion. Her grandma was diagnosed with cancer and probably will not live to much longer. We both immediately started sobbing. I have come to love and adore my companion so much that my heart just absolutely broke for her. We didnt really know what to do. We went to the church to look at emails and get more information. The poor thing. Keep sister Willden and her family in your prayers! She is strong! how grateful we are to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and knowing that there is life after death! how powerful the promise that families can be together forever! so very humbled today. After he broke the news he awkwardly told us about transfers hahah. Willden Shimai is staying in chiba and getting two new companions! and i am going to..... Tsukuba!!!!!!!! (i dont know really where it is) hahaha! but im excited nonetheless! I am companions with Sister Russer who is the sister training leader! we are in a three some! My other companion is a transfer younger than me. She is samoan!!! hahha! this next transfer should be quite interesting! I am so sad though to leave my companion and this area! I love chiba so much! we have the greatest ward and investigators! Missions are hard in so many ways! I have become so close with so many people and now i have to leave them all! im so happy Willden shimai is staying though! she will take good care of our investigators! she is an amazing missionary! 
So this week.. so good as usual! We had temple day on tuesday! There is no place like the temple! So happy to be there with all the missionaries! Its crazy to see Gods army growing and growing! Right now there are 69 sisters in my mission and by january there will be a little over a 100!!!! The Lords work truly is hastening! I am so lucky to be part of it! After the temple we had a sisters only meeting! it was so fun to be with sister budge and all the sister missionaries! I got to be reunited with my sweet sisters from my district in the MTC! they are all amazing and working so hard! I actually did a musical number hahah! me, willden, nagamine, and bagley shimai all sang together! it was good i think.. but my favorite part of the meeting was sister Budges closing remarks. She talked about the saviors hands. He walks with his hands always open. I think i have been waiting for him to take my hand and lead me through but in reality i need to take his hand and trust that he will guide me if i walk in faith. I am his missionary. I wear his name on my name tag. He is by my side holding my hand. Our savior loves us all and if we reach for his hand he will hold it ever so tightly! 
Wednesday, we visited eva Shimai <3 she was my first and only baptism in Chiba. She had us over for lunch and an after baptism lesson. She made fish (of course..) except this time the fish was scary! well it was actually super yummy but the bones were still in it hahah! I took a huge mouth full and chomped on millions of little fishy bones. ew. i sat there and one by one pulled them out of my mouth hahah! it was interesting. 
Our only real progressing investigator, Yoshida san, is doing so good! She really wants to be baptized which makes us realllyyy happy! however she wants to wait for her husband and get baptized together. He though has no interest really in the church.. so thats a problem. men. 
The weather has been interesting. We were supposed to have two typhoons (no mom not tsunamis hahah) but they never really hit. Its been pretty rainy and absolutely freezing though! I think im going to die here. The cold mixed with the humidity just makes it pretty dang cold. But it will be an adventure! and no central heating! woohoo! bring it on!!!
So today, pday, i went to tokyo to see the dentist! I was scared out of my mind to go to the dentist in japan. But i went all the way out to tokyo to a guy trained in america. He spoke perfect english and took great care of me! No need to worry! He loves the mormons! hahah! It was fun talking to him! 
This next week will be crazy packing all my stuff and moving to Tsukaba! But im super exited and cant wait to serve people in more areas! I know God has people there waiting to meet me! I cant wait to meet them! I love being a missionary! 
Hope everyone is doing well! Love and miss you all! Thanks for the prayers! 

Chirstensen shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment