Monday, August 26, 2013

Another week in Nihon!!!!


Konnichiwa mina san!!!!!
I love japan!!!!!! every day is just the best!!! Japanese people are the greatest! I am serving in the best place! so lucky to be here!
ok so this week...
Tuesday I got my bike!!!! finally!!!! it was quit the process however.. my companion and I walked to the bike shop for two hours!!! uhh... we were streeting along the way with little success.. we finally get to the bike shop. I am sweaty, sun burned, and didn't talk to hardly anyone. Then to find out that the bike shop is closed just for that day. the sign said come back tomorrow. yaaaaaa right!!!!!!! we just laughed and laughed! because if we hadn't of laughed we probably would have cried! hahaha! it was the longest day ever and I felt dead! so... I laid down on the side walk. nagamine Shimai tried to figure out what to do and I just layed there. hahaha! im a great companion! I got up and started banging my head on the door of the store. when I opened my eyes, a man was standing in front of me from the inside! hahaha! he opened the door, we told him our story, and he let us in!!! ahhhhhh such a blessing!!! so I finally got my bike!!!!! ive never been so happy! hahahah! Heavenly Father really loves me! so many tender mercies and miracles!!! I am so grateful!
I went on two exchanges again this week. one with a sister I live with, Willden Shimai. She is got to japan the same time I did but she is half Japanese so she is basically fluent. We were still so nervous to go out and do missionary work as two new missionaries! but we actually talked to a ton of people! we were able to get by with the little Japanese we know! it was so great!
Wednesdays are my favorite days! We teach free English class at the church!!! it is seriously the funniest thing ever!!! now I know why people laugh at me when I try to speak! its funny hearing someone trying to speak your language! and its super funny when they are so confident but say something so ridiculous! we play games! I am always the team captain because appearently I am competitive? hahaha! my team always wins!!! my nihonjin love me!!!!! eikaiwa (English class) is where we do a lot of our missionary work! non members come and we get to know them really well! I love eikaiwa! I love English!!!!!!! hahahah!
Had my first bike crash! hahah! don't worry it wasn't bad. it was actually really lame. we were just leaving our house like seriously two feet away. I get on my bike and rid through a narrowish way still in my complex. well I got nervous and basically made myself fall over in the planter. im so dumb. but it was hilarious! at least my companion thought so!
then I went on an exchange with Taneda Shimai. She is a nihonjin and doesn't speak any English.. that was an interesting day!!! I have become really good and charades since I have been here. I can act out anything and somehow manage to communicate with people! its great!
So I decided that I need more help with just everything. I need more help with the language, with teaching, ,with streeting, just everything! so im doing my best to be exactly obedient. everyone told me before I left that that was soooo importnant! and its so true! but I need to be better! so the day I decided to be EXACTLY obedient to all the rules turned out to be the most tempting day to not be! ahahah! of course... as I was alking through the streets of chiba you will never guess what I heard.. one direction!!!!!!! I about died!!!! first time in three months!!!!!! ohhhhhhh I literally screamed!!!!! I came up with two ideas. one, it was the devil tempting me because I was really trying harder to be a better missionary, or two it was a gift from heavenly father because he knew that I was seriously about focusing and wanted to give me a little bit of my favorite boys before I got serious. he was encouraging me that I can go a year and a half without these boys! Im pretty sure it was the second idea! hahaha!
so today for pday we went to asakusa! its a super cool part of Tokyo with a buddist temple and tons of shopping and nihonjin stuff!!! ahhh it was the coolest day!!!! we got the coolest pictures! we went inside their temple! first we had to be smoked... you stand and let smoke blow in your face. then you clean your hands and drink some water from a weird fountain with budda giving you the water. then you can go inside. everyone was singing some weird song/prayer but seriously soooooo cool! people worship in so many different ways! it was so interesting! such a fun day with lots of Japanese culture and food!
I love it here! love my mission with all my might! miss everyone back home! hope everyone is well! I sure am! love you all dearly!!!!! the church is true! nothing brings me more happiness! love you!!!! ai shite imasu!!!!!
Christensen Shimai!






No comments:

Post a Comment